Bars, restaurants, hotels, motels, and other businesses that sell, distribute, or serve liquor need coverage for their vicarious liability for injury or damage that arises out of acts of patrons served alcoholic beverages in their establishments. Specialty insurers write liquor liability coverage. It covers common law and statutory liability exposures for the businesses and also owners, general lessees, or mortgagors of the property. Insurer interest in writing this coverage and the premium levels available vary from state to state, based on the liquor liability laws in each state. This explanation of insurance benefits is provided by Insurance Marketplace.